COVID-19 ProtocolsBrentwood, CA
At Oak Street Family Dental, we are continually focused on the health and wellbeing of our team and our patients. We have always put our patients and team’s health and safety first and will continue to do so! During the shelter in place our team has been busy reinforcing what we have always done to keep our patients safe and secure as well as implement additional steps so that we could re-open with confidence! To ensure a safe and healthy environment for everyone, we have followed the direction of the CDC and American Dental Association by implementing the following and have also identified some ways in which you can help ensure a safe and healthy environment. Our vision is to keep our patients informed and supported every step of the way. We want you to know:
- Our team has worked diligently to make sure that all social distancing requirements are in place, so that every patient can come back to care with confidence.
- Your dental health is important and impacts your overall health and we are committed to supporting each and every one of you as we return to full services beyond emergency care.
- Our hygienist has streamlined her protocols, so that patients can return to their continuing care intervals, which are key in maintaining health and well-being.
- We will be reviewing screening questions with each patient on the phone prior to your appointment.
- Each patient will have their temperature taken at check-in.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office.
- Each team member will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE). This PPE will be changed out with each patient appointment.
- Additional time has been scheduled between appointments for a thorough and deep cleaning of the treatment room.
What you can do
- Use the hand sanitizer station at the front desk prior to check in.
- Please leave family members at home to limit the number of people in the practice.
- If you have a fever or feel sick, please let us know. We will reschedule your appointment for two weeks later.
- Everyone needs to be wearing a face covering upon arrival before entering the building. (One will be provided if you do not have one)
We look forward to seeing you soon! Our greatest reward comes from serving our dental family!
Tracy D. Benhamou, D.D.S.
A family dentist is a great resource to utilize when looking for ways to practice good oral hygiene. Both adults and children need to practice good oral hygiene on a daily basis to ensure that their teeth and gums remain in good shape. Outside of visiting a family dentist on a regular basis, there are…
Infection control has become the top priority all over the globe as the world battles the COVID-19 pandemic. The Centers for Disease Control has established new guidelines for healthcare providers and dentists to follow as they continue to provide services for patients with the most pressing needs.The coronavirus is an airborne virus that is very…
When patients need a dental crown placed, they typically visit a general dentistry practice. General dentistry focuses on routine procedures that include restoring damaged teeth. For a dental crown placement, a general dentist would require the patient to have two to three visits to complete the entire process.Learning about the dental crown process can be…
Cosmetic dentistry is a branch of dental care that aims to enhance the appearance of the teeth, mouth and smile. While certain treatments under cosmetic dentistry are more superficial, undergoing cosmetic procedures can improve the functionality of the oral cavity. This article focuses on options available under cosmetic dentistry.Treatments under cosmetic dentistry can be simple…
A cosmetic procedure that has dramatically increased in popularity over the years is teeth whitening. Bright, white teeth can be visually appealing as well as a sign the teeth are healthy. For these and other reasons, many people try different methods to get rid of tooth stains. Here are some of the pros and cons…